Thursday, November 12, 2009

It's all over, handclap, handclap, it's all over, handclap, handclap.....

Earlier in the week, I was planning my weekly matchup against Ben Hameem, manager of Prestige Worldwide, and all was hunky-dory until tonight when I looked and realized he hadn't put in his running back yet. That's when I noticed that he's starting this guy:

20090104_Adrian_Peterson_(28)
Original photo courtesy of TonyTheTiger, Arrow and text mine!

Yep, that's right. Adrian Peterson. A.P. or A.D. (All Day) as some have called him. Or even Purple Jesus.

So no matter what combination of wide receivers I come up with (right now I'm thinking Randy Moss, DeSean Jackson and Steve Breaston as my trifecta or trinity of pain), it doesn't matter. A.P. will be dishing out the pain.

In our first matchup, the very first matchup of the season, Prestige (then known as Totes McGoats) played Peterson who scored 42 points on the unsuspecting Cleveland Browns en route to a 106-70 victory over yours truly. This week, it's the Detroit Lions. Ugh.

As of tonight, the score between us is tied 4-4. Methinks, though, that will change very quickly after the first game Sunday...so much for going 5-5 this week and getting to the .500 mark.


3 comments:

LOBO said...

Ugh, I know what you mean. I've got some matchups ahead I can't possibly juggle into victorious scores.

-I'm going to try the ol "Ambien in the Gatorade" trick instead.

Anonymous said...

That is an excellent idea.

Now just to get to Minnesota to do it before Sunday. :)

renalfailure said...

The Wild Card handled A.P. just fine. Of course he was playing against Pittsburgh that week, not Detroit. Prepare for bear launch.

But Adrian's not going to put up 60 points.