Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Some Guys Have All The Luck



Unfortunately for Defending Champion, this past week, it wasn't he.

His No. 1 QB, Ben Roethlisberger, was out with a concussion, so he had to play his No. 2 QB, Matt Ryan.

And we all know what happened there, as Ryan went down to be replaced by one of those Noname Dillholes I discussed yesterday.

Theoretically, DC could have won if he had played Miles Austin who scored 23 points to Reggie Wayne's 7 points and/or played Jamaal Charles who scored 20 points to Wayne's teammate Joseph Addai's equally woeful 7 points.

He then could have defeated me 105-93 instead of losing like he did 93-89 (no thanks to Marques Colston for putting up 23 points to almost give me a heart attack Monday night and Randy Moss only putting up an infernal 6 points).

Of course, I could have played Chris Chambers in my flex as suggested by Chris Cameron and Renal Failure instead of Bernard Scott and gotten five more points than Scott's 8 points to take me to 98, but still would have lost, 105-98.

Still I wish I had played Chambers instead of Scott, because it would have been more palindromic with the final score being 98-89 instead of the 93-89 which seems so much more banal in comparison.

Alas, beggars can't be choosers. I'll have to take the win, no matter how prosaic it is.

At least, I'm 6-6 and just hope I'm able to go .500 as the regular season ends and I face Chris and RF (edited after comment by RF correcting me that I'm not playing him in week 14 to say the following...), I mean, Lobo in the last two games. To be honest, that's my only goal this year...to win both games, possibly get into one of the top four spots and then win the whole shebang (as if) would be just icing on the cake for me.

Addendum: I know I could have used the popular Rod Stewart version of The Persuaders original song, but I liked the idea of a smiling Jamaican, mon. It fit more with how I felt after this week's win, and I couldn't resist rubbing it in a little to Defending Champion, my nemesis from last year, even if I didn't know it was he...I and the rest of the league thought it was his wife. Plus The Dude said in that post (click on link), and I quote, "And I'm still gonna kick all your asses this year in Fantasy Football, bitches." I beat you twice, I beat you twice, na na na.

Addendum to the addendum: Of course, now if you look at the comments as of this afternoon/evening, I pull out my own ass-kicking comment directed to Lobo that could come back to haunt me: "
It's just another ass to kick, to my way of thinking. ;)" Even though I put in the emoticon, it could mean trouble. Oh, well, let the chips fall where they may.

6 comments:

renalfailure said...

No, you play LOBO in Week 14, not me. You've been pointing at the wrong person this whole time!

LOBO said...

Shhh! :)

Unfinished Rambler said...

Argh. I just wish it were you. :)

Lobo: Sorry about that. It's just another ass to kick, to my way of thinking. ;) No, I meant to point at you earlier, because I'm still coming after you.

Anonymous said...

The finger pointing comment was meant for you, RF. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XierBpLGgwQ

Lobo, I won't give you the finger yet.

Chris C said...

completely off topic...

That's the third reggae band that has covered that song. Weird.

Unfinished Rambler said...

Hmmmm. Did not know that, Chris. It just came up on YouTube and had to use it...too many Rod Stewart choices and wasn't sure which one to go with, so just decided to go with this one.