Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday Morning QB: Where I gambled against Battling Butterflies and still miraculously (snicker) won



As Kenny sings: "You got to know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away and know when to run."

This week in fantasy football, I didn't know any of the above as I gambled, but somehow still managed to pull off the win 72-51 over Bex's Battling Butterflies.

Aside: Battling Butterflies: What the hell kind of name is that? I swat you away, killer butterflies, with my butterfly-swatter named Aaron Rodgers.

The score should have been 138-72, if we both had played our "optimal lineup" according to Yahoo GameChannel/StatTracker.

This is where the gambling entered the picture, at least for me. For Bex, I think since she's a woman, it was just throwing darts at pictures on a wall to see who she played.

a capuchin monkey throwing darts
Photo courtesy of Quixado on Flickr:
I'm thinking the monkey would have fared better than Bex in this contest.


However, for me, I took a gamble on an old Cadillac:

Old Cadillac
photo courtesy of rocketvox on Flickr

And like the one pictured above, the Cadillac I played, Carnell "Cadillac" Williams was parked, with nine fantasy points. I'm in two leagues and have Arian Foster in both, so I thought I'd test to see how Williams did here in this league and Foster in the other. That was my gamble.

While I did win the game, I did lose the gamble. Arian Foster put up a monster 46 fantasy points as he and the Texans went off on the Colts.

The only two other players which I have in common on both teams now are Aaron Rodgers and Austin Collie. I think next week I'll play someone else instead of Collie, but I'm thinking I'll do it in that other league which shall not be named. Maybe it will be Dez Bryant. As for Rodgers, I don't think I'll gamble him with much, except in week 10.

Tune in for next week's Tuesday Morning QB after I play Static's Team Krapsody...and I thought Battling Butterflies was a team name of which I could make fun. Oh, I can't wait for this. Don't worry I won't go after Static's ethnicity like I did with Bex's gender. After all, most of my squad is made up of African-Americans, whereas I have no women on my team and so can feel free to make fun of them all I want. Plus whereas misogyny is considered funny, racism is not unless you're a member of the Tea Party.

5 comments:

Canucklehead said...

It, my friend, is ON, not unlike Donkey Kong. I too remain undefeated ... CHEERS!

Bex said...

Throwing darts at a dartboard?!! Ridiculous! I chose MY players based on who filled out his uniform better. Duh!!!

(Note to self: make sure to check for pants padding.)

Unfinished Rambler said...

Canucklehead: Don't worry. I haven't forgotten about you, my Canadian enemy. I'm looking forward to our week (mumble mumble because I have no idea when I play you and could care less because I don't see you as a threat) matchup.

Bex: Okay. I should have been even more sexist...well, noted, I'll remember that for Week 10, when I'll be playing David Garrard. So look out!

Chris C said...

I'd love it if you played the gambling tactic during our head to head matchups :)

Unfinished Rambler said...

I bet you would...by that time in the season, hopefully I'll have gotten just a little bit smarter than that. I hope anyway.